January has been quite the month! From celebrating my 22nd birthday, to starting school over again, this month has seriously been a whirlwind! (I like to think of my monthly favorites like the “In and Out list” from the movie the Clique.)
This month I have discovered and re-discovered some favorites that I wanted to share with you all!
1. Pink Flowers. Whether it be pink roses, or pink peonies (not in season but my favorite!) flowers have been literally a breath of fresh air for my room. I just love walking into a clean room with fresh flowers, it seriously brightens up my day.
2. Podcasts. I have discovered podcasts this month through the podcast app on my iPhone and I’m genuinely hooked and not looking back. I love driving to school in the mornings and instead of listening to music, I switch it up and listen to two podcasts in particular.
Casefile is a crime podcast that tells stories of true crime from all over the world. Something about listening to a creepy story in the morning just gets me up and pumped for the day! Not to mention the narrator has an awesome British accent that makes it all the more scary!
The Bitch Bible is one of the funniest, most realistic podcast I have ever heard. This podcast is fairly new for me, but I have shortly come to realize that it recaps my favorite shows on Bravo, and the Bachelor, with some kick-ass girl power thrown in. Honestly what more could you want to listen to first thing in the morning!
3. Spotify Playlists. Whenever a new month rolls around, I love making a new Spotify playlist with my current and oldie but goodie songs. My favorites for this month included Bad Things by MGK and Camilla Cabello, Heaven by OneRepublic, Play That Song by Train, and anything from the movie A Walk to Remember.
4. Swell Water Bottles. Swell bottles have been my favorite for some time now. They keep your drinks cold and hot for extremely long periods of time, and their designs on their bottles make you want to drink more water. A goal of mine every year is to drink more water and these bottles make it cute and fashionable!
5. Lancer Skincare. You guys! This skincare line has become my favorite for a few reasons. I have oily skin, and even in the winter this line does not cause me to break out. It keeps my skin super clear, and brightens up my skin. It has helped so much with my redness, and has even bought my breakouts to a minimum. It is a bit pricey, but I want to make my skin a priority this year, so if that means no more makeup purchases, then so be it!
6. Clinique Gel Moisturizer. This is that re-discovery I was telling you all about. This moisturizer has changed my skin time and time again. I used to use this moisturizer back when I was a teenager and just getting frequent breakouts. The gel (rather than the lotion form) really works well with my oily skin, and keeps it supple without looking too greasy.
I will be sad to see my birthday month go, but February calls for lots of love and V-Day!
Hope you all enjoyed these faves.